In this article, we take a look at the activities that took place last week in different art fields such as theater, architecture, cinema, culture and literature, visual arts, fashion, and music.
-Bahman Kiarostami has completed his latest documentary on Iran’s modern art pioneer Monir Farmanfarmaian who was famous for her mirror mosaics and geometric drawings.
-“Orthodontics” by Iranian filmmaker Mohammadreza Mayghani won a special jury mention at Filmfest Dresden, a German international short film festiva.
- Saeed Roustaie's latest film "Leila's Brothers" is competing for the Palme d'Or for Best Film as one of the films in the main competition section.
-Seven-year-old Iranian girl Selen Arami has won the Planet Earth Grand Prix at the 12th edition of the Kao International Environment Painting Contest for Children in Japan.
-An exhibition of visual art works was held on the occasion of Revolution Art Week at Niavaran Cultural Center.
- Iranian photographers have won awards in all six categories at the 3rd Naryn International Exhibition of Photography in Kirgizstan.
-Last week, Tehran galleries hosted 20 new exhibitions in various fields of visual arts.
-An exhibition of visual art works was held on the occasion of Revolution Art Week at Niavaran Cultural Center
-Twelve artworks from nine provinces of Iran will take part in the Iranian National Pantomime Festival which is slated to be held in the city of Zanjan, Zanjan Province, from May 10 to 12.
-Top stage and screen artists of the year were honored on Sunday as part of the programs for the Islamic Revolution Art Week.The honoring ceremony held at the Art Bureau of the Islamic Ideology Dissemination Organization commenced with awarding stage artists Leili Aaj, Saeid Esmaeili and Nasrollah Qaderi.
-The performance of "Silent Scream" directed by Mohammad Hadi Ataei, began on Tuesday, the 12 of April, in memory of Ali Soleimani, the late actor of Iran theater, in the Shadow Hall of the City Theater Complex
-Mahmoud Salari visited from performance of the special issue in Revolution Art Week at the city theater.
-The play "Hamlet Poshtkouhi (Behind the Mountain)" written and directed by Ebrahim Posht Kouhi is on stage at the Chaharsoo Hall.
-The call for the second play repertoire was published by the Chaharmahal and Bakhtiari Performing Arts Association in Shahrekord.
- Members of the selection team of the National Pantomime Festival of Iran introduced 12 works from 9 provinces to participate in the final stage.
- German maestro Wolfgang Wengenroth joined the Tehran Symphony Orchestra as guest conductor to perform two concerts at Vahdat Hall.
-Seyyed Ebrahim Raisi had an intimate meeting with a group of Iranian artists on Thursday evening.
- The closing ceremony of Revolution Art Week was held on Friday at the presence of the Iranian Minister of Culture and Islamic Guidance and the head of the Islamic Development Organization.
Culture and Literature
-The Art Bureau of the Islamic Ideology Dissemination Organization honored top experts and writers of the year on Islamic Revolution studies.
- Eight books from Iranian writers have been submitted for listing in the 2023 Collection for Young People with Disabilities, which is compiled biennially by the International Board on Books for Young People.
-A Persian translation of Milan Kundera’s 1967 novel “The Joke” has been published by Saless in Tehran.
-An audiobook of the Persian edition of Peter Ackroyd’s “Poe: A Life Cut Short” has been released by Avaye Chirok, a major Iranian institute that produces audiobooks. Translated by Shahab Shokravi, the book has been narrated by Bahman Vakhshour, who has narrated several other audiobooks including Turkish writer Nazan Arisoy’s “Being Nazim in Piraye”.
-The Islamic Revolution Art Week opened in the capitals of 30 provinces across the country.
-The members of the cultural monitoring working group were appointed by separate decrees from the Minister of Culture and Islamic Guidance.
-The winners of the Alvand Literary Award were announced.
- Six artists in different media were honored as top artists of the year at the Islamic Revolution Art Week on Thursday.
-Iranian architecture project Kabootar Khaneh has received an ADEX Platinum Award at the Award for Design Excellence – ADEX Awards in the United States. The project has been designed and set up by Iranian architects Nima and Sina Keivani at Keivani Architects in the northern Iranian town of Babolsar.
-The call for the 15th Iranian Architecture Award was published.
By Dorsa Bakhshandegi