Following the formation of the Policy Council and the election of Seyed Abbas Mirhashemi as Secretary General, the call for the festival has been published as follows:
Festival approach, transcendent art for people; Creative art is unifying, hopeful, identity and the basis of modern Islamic civilization. The theme of the festival is free and it is held in the fields of: illustration, calligraphy, ceramics, photography, cartoons and caricatures, graphic design, sculpture, painting, painting and new arts in the media of video art, layout and performance art.
Participation in the festival is open to all artists and enthusiasts, and submitting works to the secretariat means accepting the rules and the jury’s vote. Registration and application of the company and sending the image of the works is possible only through the festival website at www.fajrtajasomi.ir. The responsibility for the originality of the works lies with the artist. And artists are free to perform the technique and method of creating works. Each artist can participate in only two disciplines and with a maximum of 3 works of art in each discipline, and the submitted works should not have been exhibited in previous Fajr Visual Arts Festivals. The size of each file sent in all fields is at least one and at most six megabytes in jpg format. And participants can upload a selection of artistic records (up to 300 words) and a picture of three of their previous works on the site.
This call states; The festival organizer will have the right to use all the works submitted to the festival in the media, publications, advertisements and shows inside and outside the country, mentioning the artist’s name.
The Secretariat of the 14th Fajr Festival of Visual Arts has announced: The festival will not be responsible for any damage (breaking the frame, breaking the glass, damage to the original work, etc.) to the works that are sent by post, courier, etc. It is the responsibility of the Secretary General of the Festival to decide on unforeseen issues.
The manner of holding the festival will be subject to the instructions of the Ministry of Health and the National Anti-Corona Headquarters.
Specialized conditions for participating in the festival:
1- Illustration: Artists should send the jpg file in the size of 50 ۰ 70 cm to the festival site. The festival is responsible for preparing the selected works for presentation. Acceptance and selection of works in this field is done from the files sent to the festival site and there is no need to send the original works. Artists can send their original works in the desired dimensions to the festival secretariat after the final selection.
2- Photography: Artists can participate in this field with works in the form of single photos or photo collections and in the branches of documentary photography and art photography. The festival is responsible for preparing the selected works for presentation. The maximum space available for a collection of photos in the exhibition is 300 x 300 cm. Sending a statement (statement) in the form of a photo collection is mandatory. (Up to 300 words). Each photographer can submit a maximum of three works (three sets of photos or three single photos or a combination of both) (each set contains at least three and a maximum of ten photos). Each photographer can send a picture of how to present their photo collection along with the works. Additional information such as name, signature, logo, date, etc. should not be on the submitted photos. Processing and editing of submitted works should be related to the photographer’s chosen approach (documentary photography and art photography); In documentary photographs, it is not allowed to make any additions or additions that distort the citation and authenticity of the photograph, but in artistic photographs, any editing is free.
3- Cartoons and caricatures: Artists should send png or jpg files in the size of 2500 pixels and 300 dpi to the festival site. The festival is responsible for preparing the selected works for presentation. Acceptance and selection of works in this field is done from the files sent to the festival site and there is no need to send the original works.
4- Graphic design: In this field, only posters are accepted. Artists should send a 70 x 100 cm jpg file to the festival site. The festival is responsible for preparing the selected works for presentation.
Acceptance and selection of works in this field is done from the files sent to the festival site and there is no need to send the original works.
5- Sculpture: Sending a statement (statement) in this field (up to 300 words) is required. Acceptance and selection of works in this field is done in two stages. In the first stage, the file of works sent to the festival site is reviewed and in the second stage, the original selected works are sent to the festival secretariat and the final selection is made to attend the exhibition. It is the responsibility of the artist to send and receive the work to the exhibition and to receive it after the end of the exhibition.
New art media (performance art, video art and layout):
Innovative use of the environment and creation of works of art with interactive features are some of the possibilities that new art media provide to artists. New digital technologies and the combination of diverse art media help to create contemporary works that are in tune with the time and life of the artist. Therefore, in this section, the fit of the idea of creating the work with the selected artistic mediums is of special importance. Each of the artists whose works are selected in this section, with the opinion of the relevant jury and secretaries, will be paid a grant to prepare and present the work. Acceptance and selection of works in this field is done in two stages: in the first stage, the files of works sent to the festival site are reviewed and in the second stage, the original selected works are sent to the festival secretariat and the final selection is made to attend the exhibition. It is mandatory to submit a statement (statement) in this field (up to 300 words). It is the responsibility of the artist to send and receive the work to the exhibition and to receive it after the end of the exhibition. In the video art section, video works must be a maximum of fifteen minutes and the size of each video must be a maximum of 20 MB. Contact the Secretariat to send larger files. In the video art section, the video format must be one of the mp4 formats. And mpeg. Be. In the performance art section, it is necessary to send a description of the performance, which includes: specifying the performer / s, (performer / s), place and time of the performance, the role and action of the audience, duration of the performance, general description of the work from beginning to end, special tools and facilities .
6- Fields of calligraphy, ceramics, painting and painting:
Acceptance and selection of works in these fields is done in two stages: in the first stage, the file of works submitted to the festival site is reviewed and in the second stage, the original selected works are sent to the festival and the final selection is made to attend the exhibition. It is the responsibility of the artist to send and receive the work to the exhibition and to receive it after the end of the exhibition.
Side section on the subject of self-sacrifice (competitive)
Artists from all disciplines can participate in this section. In addition to submitting works in the Golden Touba section, participants can also submit a maximum of 2 works on the festival site in this section. It is expected that in this section, works from all disciplines with the themes of self-sacrifice and devotion of different sections of society such as: firefighters, medical staff, jihadi groups, self-sacrifice of adolescent Izehaei (Ali Landi), etc. will be sent on the festival website.
• In the Golden Touba section, in each category, based on the decision of the jury, one person is selected and a statue of the Golden Touba, a plaque of honor, and a cash prize of 200 million Rials will be awarded to him.
• 10 selected artists will be introduced to the Artists’ Selection Council for a study trip to the Cite des Arts, France, to be sent on a study tour according to the terms and conditions and schedule of the General Directorate of Visual Arts of the Ministry of Culture and Islamic Guidance. .
• In the Golden Touba section, 3 people in the field of calligraphy, 3 people in the field of painting and 2 people in other fields will be honored and each artist will be awarded a commendation plaque and a cash prize of 50 million Rials.
• In the side section (Sacrifice and Sacrifice), from all the received works, a selected work and a statue of Golden Touba, a plaque and a cash prize of 200 million Rials will be awarded and 2 works will be honored.
• All artists selected for the exhibition will be awarded a certificate of participation and a festival book.
• Artists selected for the festival will become members of the Institute for the Development of Contemporary Visual Arts.
The pillars of the 14th Fajr Visual Arts Festival are:
Chairman of the Council: Hadi Mozaffari, Director General of the Visual Arts Center of the Ministry of Culture and Islamic Guidance
Council members: Manijeh Armin, Mohsen Hassanpour, Amir Rad, Parisa Shadqazvini, Seyed Massoud Shojaei Tabatabai, Taher Sheikh Al-Hakmaei, Habibaullah Sadeghi, Mina Sadri, Ali Ashraf Sandoghabadi, Jassem Ghazbanpour Najabashab
The secretary general of the festival is Seyed Abbas Mirhashemi. The artistic secretary of the festival will be Amir Rad and the executive secretary of the festival is Abdolrahim Siahkarzadeh.
The sections of the festival: the fourteenth are: • Exhibition of selected works of the Golden Touba section (competitive)
• Side section on the subject of self-sacrifice (competitive) • Curatorial section (non-competitive) • Articles section (non-competitive) • Special military section of Ganjavi (non-competitive) • Special section of provinces (non-competitive)
• Holding an exhibition of masters’ works entitled Mirror in Mirror (from the treasury of the Museum of Contemporary Art in Tehran and the Art Center) • Celebrating the greats of visual arts
Chronology of the 14th Fajr Visual Arts Festival:
• Announcing the call and starting the registration through the site: Tuesday, November 2, 1400
• Deadline for registration on the site: Sunday, January 3, 2014 (up to 5 pm)
• Initial selection of works: 15 to 25 January 1400
• Announcement of the results of the initial selection (in the fields of calligraphy, ceramics, sculpture, painting, painting and new arts): December 16, 1400
• Receiving selected works from artists: January 17 to February 23, 2014
• Final selection of works: 3 to 5 Bahman 1400
• Announcing the final results of the entrants to the exhibition (in all fields): February 5, 2010
• Exhibition preparation, arrangement and installation of works: January 17 to February 5, 2014
• Opening: Friday, February 6, 2014
• The end of the exhibition: Saturday, February 20, 2014
Closing: Friday, March 4th
• Event Place:
– Academy of Arts, Saba Cultural and Artistic Institute
Tehran Museum of Contemporary Art
– House of Iranian Artists
And other provinces
The permanent secretariat of Fajr Visual Arts Festival is located in Tehran, North Kargar St., above Keshavarz Boulevard, Sadoughi St., No. 17 and the telephone numbers are: 66946910 and 66946911
The 14th edition of the festival is organized by the General Directorate of Visual Arts in cooperation with the Institute for the Development of Contemporary Visual Arts and the General Departments of Islamic Culture and Guidance of the provinces, the Museum of Contemporary Art and artists, academics, researchers, galleries, associations, centers and art institutes.