In this article, we take a look at the activities that took place last week in different art fields such as theater, architecture, cinema, culture and literature, visual arts, fashion, and music.
- The short documentary “I Am Trying to Remember” directed by Pegah Ahangarani participated in the competition section of the mentioned four international festivals.
-“Hit the Road”, “Tonight’s Homework”, “Zalava” and “Until Tomorrow” participated in the 41st Istanbul Film Festival, the first and oldest international film festival in Turkey.
-Cinema Organization of Iran (COI) announced on Tuesday the inauguration of a council, which has been assigned to protect female filmmakers against misconduct, sexual harassment and abuse.
-Filmfest Dresden, an international short film festival based in Dresden, Germany, has chosen the Iranian movies “The Fourth Wall”, “Orthodontics” and “Form” for screening during its 34th edition opening on April 5.
-The "Silent Plain" film directed by Ahmad Bahrami has joined the online release of the Filimo platform.
- The commemoration ceremony of the first anniversary of late Iranian artist Azadeh Namdari was held in the presence of a group of artists and TV anchors at the Cinema Museum in Tehran.
-By order of the head of the Cinema Organization, Qader Ashna was appointed Deputy Director of Technology Development and Studies of the Cinema Organization.
-“Radiograph of a Family” has won the best feature documentary award and “Barter” received a special jury mention at the Beirut International Women’s Film Festival in Lebanon. Directed by Firuzeh Khosrovani, “Radiograph of a Family”, is a co-production of Iran, Switzerland and Norway.
-Iranian movie “The Fourth Wall” scored one more honor by winning the best experimental short film award at the Monstra-Lisbon Animation Festival in Portugal.
-The AFI (American Film Institute) Silver Theatre and Cultural Centerprovides a look at both the latest films from Iran and selected classics, which this year include retrospectives dedicated to filmmakers Shahram Mokri and two-time Oscar winner Asghar Farhadi. The festival began with a screening of Farhadi’s acclaimed movie “Fireworks Wednesday” starring Taraneh Alidoosti and Hedyeh Tehrani.
-Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei has praised the acclaimed Iranian war drama “The Situation of Mehdi” for its “accurate details and true narrative.”
-Directed by Alireza Ghasemi, the Iranian short film "Better than Neil Armstrong" won the prize of the Audience Favorite at the Big Water Film Festival. This is the 21st international prize for Ghasemi's short film.
-More than 13,000 cinema lovers paid visit toCinema Museum of Iran during the New Year (Nowruz) holidays, which ended on April 2.
- The country's fashion and clothing working group, in conjunction with new Iranian calendar year, selected “Iranian green color; the harmony of hope and dynamism" as the color of Fajr Festival in 1401, in its eleventh edition.
-“White and Colorful” by Iranian photographer Mohammadreza Masumi has won the 13th edition of the Greenstorm Global Photography Award.
- An art exhibition featuring 29 repatriated artifacts from France opened at the National Museum of Iran on April 6.
-“Tawaf” by Iranian photographer Mirali Parandak has won a Campina Gold Medal at the 6th Onyx International Exhibition of Photography in Romania. The photo, which won the medal in the Color People category, shows Muslims during the ritual of circumambulating the Kaaba in Mecca.
-An art exhibition, ‘Panj Ganj,’ (Five Treasures), commemorating the Persian poet Nezami, welcomed over 10,000 visitors up until March 31st.
- Jean-Michel Frodo became the chairman of the jury for the International Photo 5 Award.
-Nian Gallery located in Tehran sent works by Siamak Azmi, Vahid Hosseinpur, Maryam Razavi, Amir-Hossein Dezfuli, Tabit Aram and Maryam Tabatabai to the art fair.
- The letter design of the Museum of Contemporary Art of Iran was selected as one of the selected works of the World Typography Award "TDC".
-Iranshahr Theater Complex hosts five plays :"Silence directed" by Amir Bahavard Dehkordi, "Process" directed by Ali Korsi Zar, "Hot Shame" directed by Farhad Shantiaei,"Being" directed by Morteza Jalili Doust and "What is the subject?" Work from Virgol company.
- Roudaki Cultural and Artistic Zone during Nowruz and in the form of "Nowruz Zone" event hosted a performance of Naqqali (recitation art) and Kheyme Shab Bazi (Iranian puppet play), from 11 to 13 April, 2022.
-The play "Nina and the Magic of the Months" went on stage at the Honar Hall on Tuesday, April 5, for journalists and photographers.
- The call for the first National Kohan Secret Theater Festival was published by the Institute of Ancient Film and Philosophy in collaboration with the Performing Arts Association and the General Directorate of Islamic Culture and Guidance in Fars.
-The closing ceremony of the 7th Aras Street Theater Festival was held.
-The show "Reunion " written by Damon Norozi, directed by Neda Tamimi and produced by Mir Alireza Daryabigi performed in Hafez Hall from April 7, at 9 PM.
-The play "Aura" is based on the two stories of Rebecca and Aura by Mehdi Mohabeli is on stage in Hafez Hall on April 5, at 7:00 PM.
-The "Tar and Tarikh" project has performed the musical event of "Farhad Kosh" in the Hafezie (Tomb of Hafez) in SHiraz. The song was sung by Mohammad Zakir Hossein, Karim Ebrahimi (Tonbak) and Alireza Nasiri Fard (Daf). Farjonejad composed this song based on a poem by Hafez in the form of a musical tableau.
Culture and Literature
-“Mimesis: The Representation of Reality in Western Literature” by Erich Auerbach, a German philologist and comparative scholar and critic of literature, has been published in Persian.Naqsh-e Jahan is the publisher of the book translated into Persian by Masud Shirbacheh.
- Minister of Culture and Islamic Guidance, Mohammad Mehdi Ismaili, met with the deputies, managers and employees of the ministry on the first working day of the new Iranian year (April 3, 2022).
-The book “Living in the midst of a revolution's history” by Muhsem Kazemi contains some of the memories of Marzieh Hadidchi that have been published by Soore Mehr publication.
-The "Rumi's Theoretical Foundations in Urban Design" Webinar with lectures by Mostafa Behzadfar, University Professor, and Aida Safarlou; Rumi’s activist was held.
-The call for submitting works to participate in the fifth period of Mizan Architecture event was published.
- The call for setting up the second group exhibition of the best works of architecture and interior architecture of the young offices of Fars province was published with the title "In the alleys of Shiraz gardens".
By Dorsa Bakhshandegi